At Advanced Family Dentistry, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.
Advanced Family Dentistry follows the most recent infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which include the use of proper PPE and the continual disinfection and sterilization of our rooms, equipment, and instruments. However, Advanced Family Dentistry has gone above and beyond the standard care level by taking two extra measures to provide even more infection control of the entire office:
- The installation in our HVAC system of multiple activTek INDUCT 2000 Advanced Oxidation Process UV Light air scrubber with ActivePure® and Certified Space Technology which continually turn over and sanitize not only the air in the clinic but surfaces throughout. www.activtek.net
2. The installation of negative pressure HealthyAir® Source Capture Oral Aerosol Vacuum & Air Purification System units in each room to remove and sanitize any aerosol that may be produced during procedures. This new equipment will help ensure cleaner, more sanitary air and surfaces throughout our facility, and providing an even safer environment for you.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 515-964-1490 or visit our website at www.ankenysmiles.com
Thank you for being our patient!
We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends to our office.
Advanced Family Dentistry