Hopefully this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming normal habits and routines. We are happy to announce that Advanced Family Dentistry has reopened to provide your routine dental services!!
While many things have changed recently, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. As always, our #1 priority is providing you and your family the highest quality dental care in a safe and sanitary environment. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we have always followed in our practice to keep patients and staff safe and some new processes we have recently implemented.
Advanced Family Dentistry follows the most recent infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which include the use of proper PPE and the continual disinfection and sterilization of our rooms, equipment, and instruments. However, Advanced Family Dentistry has gone above and beyond the standard care level by taking two extra measures to provide even more infection control of the entire office: 1) The installation in our HVAC system of multiple Advanced Oxidation Process UV Light air scrubbers with ActivePure® and Certified Space Technology which continually turn over and sanitize not only the air in the clinic but surfaces throughout and 2) The installation of negative pressure HealthyAir® Source Capture Oral Aerosol Vacuum & Air Purification Systemunits in each room to remove and sanitize any aerosol that may be produced during procedures. This new equipment will help ensure cleaner, more sanitary air and surfaces throughout our facility, providing an even safer environment for you.
While Advanced Family Dentistry will strive to provide you with a dental care experience as close to normal as previous visits, you will also see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· Although we realize that you cannot have a mask on while we are treating you, we ask that you wear one to your appointment and when you are in our facility. Our staff will have surgical masks on throughout the facility.
· Your temperature will be scanned before you enter the office and there will be hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. We will ask that you check in via phone or text from your car and have no guests with you in our facility or at your appointment.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Seating is spaced to maintain appropriate social distance.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 515-964-1490 or visit our website at www.ankenysmiles.com
Advanced Family Dentistry